HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
1. Volunteer — Interested in working in our office or directly with our program participants? We often need volunteers for our spring job skills workshops and with civics program activities (weekdays or weekends). Our civics programs are held in Maryland (Montgomery & Prince George’s Counties) and in Northern Virginia (City of Alexandria and Fairfax County). Let us know what you’re interested in doing, and we’ll gladly find something that fits your interests and our needs!
Volunteer Spotlight: Ms. Daphne Steinberg
Facilitator Spotlight: Mr. George Towery
2. Provide Internships — Is your office in need of a high school or college-aged intern with foreign language skills? Contact us about potential internship opportunities for young immigrants in your company or organization.
3. Share Your Story — Schedule a time to visit 1 of our 8 local civics programs and share your personal story about coming to America with our young immigrant participants.
4. Join our mailing list — We send out monthly newsletters about our program activities, development news, and participant success stories. You can opt-out at any time.
5. Tell a Friend — Let others know about the work of Liberty’s Promise so that they also have the opportunity to help America’s immigrant youth succeed.
6. Donate to Liberty’s Promise. Find out how even $1 can support us!